cannot communicate with my LPC2148 board using full duplex communication mode

Started by Jagrut, December 15, 2012, 07:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jagrut

Hello,
       I have got a custom designed LPC2148 development board, i have ensured that the specified pins get the specified signal on my board to enter into ISP mode. while communicating with the device through the Half duplex communication mode it works fine. I'm able to load programs to my chip and the program executes as expected. when i uncheck the tick from Half duplex communication mode it is giving me an error message that "the device needs to be reset in ISP mode, unable to communicate". The debug file generated is attached.

Is it ok if i continue using the half duplex communication mode for my projects ?

would it deteriorate the onchip flash memory block ?

Is there a provision to use the device under full-duplex communication mode ?

Andy Ayre

Pretty strange:

tx> ?
rx> Synchronized\d\a
tx> Synchronized\d\a
rx> \fd\7f?\9f\ff\ff\bd\ff\fb\df\aOK\d\a

Flash Magic sends '?' and gets back "Synchronized" as expected. Flash Magic then sends "Synchronized" and expects to get it back again, but instead there is junk.

My guess is that the bootloader is incorrectly measuring the baudrate in the "?" or there is a problem with the microcontroller that causes it to forget the baudrate.

If half-duplex is working better then there is no reason not to use it, except it will be very slow. However I think it is masking another problem - perhaps electrical.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Jagrut

Thank you for a quick response.

Under this situation, should I change the LPC2148 Chip ?

Andy Ayre

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com