LPC1768 Ethernet Bootloader : Unable to communicate...

Started by karakas, July 24, 2015, 09:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karakas

hi dear
i program lpc1768 Ethernet bootloader successfully but when i program user code (Blinky sample) i face to " Unable to communicate.(handshake failed) check ethernet interface is working. " error.
i exactly follow the Flash magic manual and ethernet bootloader nxp application note. my ethernet communication is correct because i test it with keil EasyWeb.
mab you help me?

thanks

Andy Ayre

There is a sticky topic at the top of this subforum titled "Debugging the Ethernet Bootloader". It contains wireshark instructions - please follow them, investigate and report back.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

karakas

thank you
it solved.
i should run Flash Magic as an administrator.
i have another question.

is there any ethernet bootloader code for LPC1788?

Andy Ayre

Should be easy to modify the existing bootloader for the LPC1788 - just change the memory size/sectors.

karakas

may be you more explain ?
what should i do exactly?
i really need it.

Andy Ayre

karakas

i checked sbl_config.h but there is no different with LPC1788.So i changed header file and Pin selections in emac.c and uart.c after that i face to this error :

.\Obj\ethernet_bootloader.axf: Error: L6982E: AT section startup_lpc177x_8x.o(.ARM.__at_0x02FC) with base 0x000002fc limit 0x00000300 overlaps address range with AT section sbl_main.o(.ARM.__at_0x2FC) with base 0x000002fc limit 0x00000300.

what is this and how can i solve it?

Andy Ayre

Looks to me like you have defined the CRP value twice. Remove one of the definitions.

This isn't a Flash Magic issue so it would be better to post it on the LPCware forums instead. Please limit postings here to Flash Magic related issues only. Thanks.

karakas

my problem not solved.
but if you can in the next version of Flash Magic add LPC1788 ethernet bootloader .
Is it possible?
I think many people have  problem with that.

thanks

Andy Ayre

The LPC1700 ethernet bootloader is provided as an example. It is up to users to customize for their own needs, i.e. for a different microcontroller. If you want to hire us to do it for you please email us through our website www.esacademy.com under "Contact".