MAC OS Settings

Started by gjimenez, August 05, 2015, 06:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gjimenez

I am trying to Firmware flash a device (a calculator) connected to my Mac Mini (OS Yosemite), on a USB port, but I am not being able to connect to this device

I don't know what COM Port to use, or what baud rate

Thank you for your help !

Andy Ayre

Please start a new topic for new questions. I've fixed it for you this time.

What microcontroller is being used?
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

gjimenez

Thank you Andy.  The CPU on the "device"  (a calculator) is the LPC1115

Giovanni

Andy Ayre

Start off with 19200 baud, which is slow but should be reliable.

For the COM port please carefully read through this:

http://forum.flashmagictool.com/index.php?topic=4130.0

Andy

gjimenez

Hello Andy,

This is what I see in terms of available COM ports:
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  24 Aug  7 15:32 COM10 -> /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Modem
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  23 Aug  7 15:32 COM11 -> /dev/tty.EV3-SerialPort
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  32 Aug  7 15:32 COM12 -> /dev/tty.GiovanniJimenezsiPod-Wi
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  23 Aug  7 15:32 COM13 -> /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  31 Aug  7 15:32 COM4 -> /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  23 Aug  7 15:32 COM5 -> /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  22 Aug  7 15:32 COM6 -> /dev/cu.EV3-SerialPort
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  31 Aug  7 15:32 COM7 -> /dev/cu.GiovanniJimenezsiPod-Wi
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  22 Aug  7 15:32 COM8 -> /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gjimenezdorigo  admin  32 Aug  7 15:32 COM9 -> /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port

So I assume I should use either Com 8 or COM 13

When I use COM 13, I get the "Failed to Autobaud - step 1" error msg.  I went to the forum page but cannot figure out what I need to do to make the connection. The calculator I am trying to connect is new, and the cable (micro USB - USB) is new as well, so I doubt the issue is with the calc or the cable

Thanks !

Andy Ayre

How are you putting the LPC1115 into ISP mode exactly?

Andy

gjimenez

Yes, I selected  LPC1115/303

Andy Ayre

Selecting a microcontroller in Flash Magic doesn't put it into ISP mode. It is done by setting the state of specific pins on the microcontroller while resetting it. Please see the LPC1100 user manual from NXP for full details. Look at the flash programming chapter.