SWD over Link2

Started by ektos_team, September 18, 2015, 03:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ektos_team

Hi!
I use Flash Magic 9.4 and have LPC Link2(LPC4370) board. So I want program other board LPCXpresso lpc1114 reva via SWD interface. The Flash Magic write always "...autobaud - step 1" message. What is wrong? The LPC Link2 is in USB DFU mode and I have choose "SWD over Link2" mode.

Andy Ayre

Is the LED on the Link2 flashing?

Please send us a debug file - instructions: http://www.flashmagictool.com/debugfile.html

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

akhirules

I too had the same problem and the LED is Blinking

navin.gautam

I also have the same problem with LPC-Link2 trying to program LPC4357..
It complains about autobaud fail and LED on Link2 blinks.
I am selecting SWD over Link2...
Is there any solution yet?

I have attached degug log file.. if anybody need it

Andy Ayre

It says that the core on the LPC43xx didn't halt when expected.

What board are you using?

This isn't related to the problem you are having, but the oscillator frequency should be the crystal frequency, not the core frequency. E.g. 12MHz.

Andy

navin.gautam

The LPC4357 board is our custom board.
We are using LpcXpresso to program and debug it. But since recently we needed to program few tens of test boards and we decided to use flashmagic. However there is no luck. The SWD interface is working well with LpcXpesso. I am attaching the schematic that has SWIO interface connector.
I tried the crystal value of 12 and it is same.

Andy Ayre

We made a change in version 9.71, now available. Please give it a try. We have tested this with a Keil MCB4300 board populated with a LPC4357 and a LPC-Link2 board.

Note: for this to work the boot pins must NOT be set to boot the part from external memory.

Andy

navin.gautam

Thanks for update.

I downloaded the new Flashmagic. There is an improvement. Now I can read Chip ID and check blank status.
However, when I tried to program a hex file it did not work.

First it complained about the Chip signature not matched and it asked if I want to continue. I press ok to continue. Then it started to erase flash block 0. But it never passed.

I have attached the debug log file for your reference.

How I did see the device signature not matched? I have selected right CPU. LPC4357.

Thanks

Andy Ayre

We will discuss this with NXP and post back when we have an update.

hctek

Quote from: Andy Ayre on March 22, 2016, 05:15:44 AM
We will discuss this with NXP and post back when we have an update.

Hello, I am facing the same problem has described in this topic. You have some news?

Andy Ayre

We are working on it, but I don't have an ETA.

hctek

If you need my log file let me know.

stevewald

I am trying to reprogram to the NHS3100 which came with the Temperature Logger ADK using FlashMagic (version 10.55.4768 on PC-windows7). The FlashMagic interface button does not have the required "SWD over Link2" item. What now?

Answered my question by reading Chapter 17 of the FM Manual -- I didn't have the SWD interface configured with the initial install. It's working now.

Andy Ayre

Thanks for posting the solution - it helps users that come after you.

psh

Can't get SWD to work over LPC-LINK2 either. Keep getting the autobaud  error.

For reference, the same pins can be used with Keil and ULINK-ME to both push down a Flash image as well as debug code on the target MCU. But when I try to download the image with Flash Magic, via the LPC-LINK2, I get the error. I believe I have it setup correctly and I have tried various tips to get it working to no avail.

My configuration is Windows 7, FM 10.60, Installed the NXP drivers with FM kit, No jumpers on the LPC-LINK2 (e.g., DFU), 50 mil ribbon from J7 to Adafruit's CORTEX SWD ADAPTER (basically 50 mil 2x5 to 100 mil 2x10), jumper from SWDIO, SWCLK, RESET and GND) to bread-board and then onto PCBA. The jumpers join same BB rows as for ULINK-ME. I have checked and re-checked jumpers and I see nothing wrong with them. I've even run continuity tests from the J7 for the lines I'm interested in to the bread-board to confirm. I am able to select "SWD over Link2" from FM Interface menu. When I conduct my FM tests, the ULINK-ME is not plugged in.

I am at a loss at this point and could use some tips. Any ideas?

Thanks,