89C51RD2 is not ready to enter in ISP

Started by ketan, January 18, 2004, 03:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

The Boot vector and status byte  read at 5v and at voltage <5v were observed different.Why is it so??Giving 12V instead of 5V enters into ISP??

User_A

I am having following probelm

"Unable to read the securite bits and clocks bit. The security bit and 6 clks/cycle checkboxes may not reflect the actual setting on the device. To read the security bits and clocks bit connect the device to the select COM port and place it into BOOTROM mode then click on the Retry button..."
Then I select "cancel" and select 5) Start with the last configuration and appear follow message:
"Unable to connect at the specified baud rate. Try reducing the baud rate. Reset the hardware into ISP mode again" but with less baud rate I can't connect neither.

If any one know how to solve, could you please let me know?

Thank you
David

bramh

hey,
can you send me the link for errata datasheet you are talking about.
thanks

erikm

>>can you send me the link for errata datasheet you are talking about.<<
No, if you can not find it yourself you have no business using these chips.

Erik

Vinayak Gadre

Hi,

I am using Philips 89C51RD2. I had programmed the controller for more than 30 times then suddenly it was not working. It gives me message 'Unable to connect '.I have changed right from MAX 232 to Serial Port and also have implemented the reset pin configuration. But didnt help.
  I talked to one person, he said there might some problem with the Flash memory of controller. Is there any possibilty of some part it getting corrupted....?

Please reply soon.

Vinayak

erikm

get rid of the RC reset - use a supervisor.  Then restore the chip in a parallel programmer.

Erik

SHAILESH KULKARNI

I WANT TO SEE THE PROGRAMMING CIRCUIT AND LAYOUT OF89C51RD2 USING
MAX232

Andy Ayre

There should be a simplified circuit diagram in the data sheet or user manual of the device. Also the datasheet for the MAX232 devices have example circuit diagrams.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Jean Fernandes

Sirs

Is it possible to use the code flash memory not used to data storage on P89 ? How to proceed, if is possible ?

Thanks

Andy Ayre

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Also P89 doesn't identify a specific device.

Nikhil Deshpande

Dear Ketan,
I am also facing the same problem. I guess programming the boot vector back to 'FCh' through parallel programmer will solve the problem and the IC can be used again.
You can try out this solution, meanwhile if you find any other solution i'll grateful if you please let me know.
With regards,
Nikhil

Aditya Bankar

I have set my 89C51RD2BN circuiratary as mentioned in datasheet for ISP. But while performing any activity I get error messages. I am sugested to try at lower baud rates, even though working at the lowest possible rate. Help as quickly as possible

Andy Ayre

We need more information.

What error messages are you getting?
What ISP operations generate the errors? Some? All?
What crystal frequency are you using?
Have you performed the basic debugging steps described in the FM application note on what to do when ISP does not work?

sandeep sahani

i wright program in rd2 progrem is not wright properly

erikm

this sounds like someone that believes in the urban legend that a RS232 transciever CHIP such as the MAX232 is not a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.

Erik