Main Menu

Reset 89C51Rx2H

Started by Saurabh Mukadam, September 05, 2003, 03:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saurabh Mukadam

I am writing my own downloading program for 89C51RD2Hxx series. I am able to put 89C51RD2Hxx series in programming mode. Able to load the new application program in the code.

I want to reset the 89C51RD2Hxx so that new application can be executed. To reset what is the command ? Is there any source code available ? Is there any reset command which can be send to 89C51RD2Hxx during a program mode ?

erik malund

"I want to reset the 89C51RD2Hxx so that new application can be executed. To reset what is the command ? Is there any source code available ? Is there any reset command which can be send to 89C51RD2Hxx during a program mode ?"
kick the puppy and do not feed it.  Sorry, start the watchdog and let it time out, that will reset your controller.

Erik

Saurabh Mukadam

Thanks Erik..But my 89C51RD2Hxx is already in programming mode..How do i start watchdog from external program. Can you please help me. I am trying to findout the command as such but unable to find.

erik malund

already in programming mode..How do i start watchdog

RD2H rev G and later with FlashMagic will use the watchdog to restart.

Erik

Saurabh Mukadam

Hi Erik,

I am writing my own Downloading application. What is the command to start the watchdog inside in the RD2H rev G. What does Flash Magic sends the command to RD2 to start watchdog. I will try to send the same command from my downloading application.

Saurabh

erik malund

>I am writing my own Downloading application.
why are you wasting time on that?
>What is the command to start the watchdog inside in the RD2H rev G.
RTFM
>What does Flash Magic sends the command to RD2 to start watchdog.
I do not know, and if I did I would not disclose the workings of someone elses code

Erik