ISP and paralel programator for P89LPC9xx

Started by Simon, February 05, 2004, 08:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Hi
Does someone made own programator? It will be great if I can program all 89LPC family from 901 up to 932. And it will be beautiful if can use ISP too, so I can use small adapter with PLC932 to work like emulator of all lower chips! Better COM like USB. Much simply to made.
BTW. Yes I know thet KEIR have great programmer, but :)

Simon

erik malund

>>Does someone made own (parallel) programator<< FORTUNATELY not.  I have seen more intermittant, marginal and strange problems as the result of kitchen table programmers than anything else.  Philips very wisely have very stringent conditions for giving anyone the parrallel programming information.

With ISP, why do you even need one?

Erik

Simon

That's it... well thanks to Philips for this .... :(
Well I'll plan to made one emulator with PLC932. It can perfect emulate lower chips. I put this adapter - emulator in system (let's say PLC922) and connect to programator with ISP. So I don't need to remove chip from system, programing it and put it back...

By Simon

Graham

Hello Simon,
You could look at the Philips PDS900. This is a full emulator that does include a parallel/ICP programmer for the entire LPC9xx family (adaptors required for the smaller packages) which is suitable for prototype quantities.

I suggest designing your product to accept ISP in the production line. Therefore be very careful with the external functionality you assign to the ISP pins.

Regards,
Graham
www.acqura.com

Simon

Hi
Yes, this is one of solutions. Do someone have desing for simple ISP programator, who work with Flash Magic? Any idea how to program 922? Can go with EPM900?
BTW PDS900 it tooooo much expencive for user like me. I program obout 20 - 30 uC for year.

By Simon

erik malund

>>BTW PDS900 it tooooo much expencive for user like me. I program obout 20 - 30 uC for year.<<
What would the cost be if your kitchen table programmer produced chips that lost a bit or two in - say - six months?.

ISP works, use it

Erik