Who successful use prog90x.hex to program LPC901.

Started by shiue, May 19, 2004, 12:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiue

Who successful  use prog90x.hex to program LPC901.
I doubt whether the prog90x.hex file has problems or not ?

Dave

Shiue,

I've had problems using the MCB900 with the prog90x.hex bridge code to program an 89LPC935.  It turned out that pin 2.3 that drives the VDD on the target board through the PNP transistor was inverted.  That is, the power on the target processor was switched off when it should have been on and switched on when it should have been switched off.  I ran the pin through a shmitt triger inverter before the PNP transistor and all was well.  Good luck.

Dave

Rudi Schweizer

Hi shiue and dave,
an alternative would be an altered prog90x. The sources can be downloaded at
http://www.promax.se/download/data/Semi/Philips/Micro_controller/lpc90x/

shiue

Thank you for Dave and Rudi Schweizer.
I will try it quickly.

Duf

Hi All,

I have the same problem as Shiue and Dave.
I have downloaded the sources for prog90x and changed it to drive Pin 2.3 inverted.
It is running and I can read Device ID and Programm my LPC913.
I have now an other problem. The programming-process seems to run correctly but when I check the CRC with Flashmagic, it is not the same as the calculated one!
And the program doesn't seem to start and run in my LPC913.
I tried a few things but till now, I didn't found any solution.
Perhaps somebody could help me further.

Thank you

Olivier

Andy Ayre

Version 1.3 of prog90x.hex fixed a bug that resulted in incorrect CRCs being returned to Flash Magic. This is the version that is available on the Flash Magic web page. If you obtained your copy of prog90x.hex from elsewhere then I suggest you find out which version it from wherever you obtained it.

If you are using version 1.3 then checking the "generate checksums" or "fill unused flash" will obviously result in different CRCs between the hex file and the device. Also using a JIT module will also result in a difference.

Note that the block containing the ISP code in the device will not match the hex file, and therefore the global CRC value will never match.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Dave

Oliver,

Try reading the security bits on your target processor.  If any flash block has security bit 2 set,  then that block cannot be erased or programmed in circuit.  The processor will need to be programmed with a commercial progammer to reset the security bits.  Or you could try a new processor.

Dave

Andy Ayre

OK. I looked at the sources available on promax.se and that is version 1.2, i.e. the one with the CRC bug.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

shiue

The prog90x.hex drives the VDD on the target board through the PNP transistor was inverted. so the circuit Fig. 5 in AN10258 doesn't work. I added a second transistor as inverter. Now, it's ok. I will try all items further.
Thank you for Dave ,Rudi Schweizer ,Andy, and Olivier.

Dave

Olivier,

Once a flash block beyond block 0 has been programmed it cannot be erased individually even if the flash security bits are cleared.  This prevents the device from being reprogrammed with new code in circuit.  To erase the flash blocks and program them with new code you must send a global erase command by selecting  erase all flash and ALSO clearing the protect ISP code option in the advanced options of FlashMagic.  This will erase the ISP code but if you intend to only program the device with ICP then there are no worries.  Good luck.

Dave

Mike

Dear all,

I have downloaded the sources for prog90x and changed MCB to drive Pin 2.3 inverted, As well as all.
However, my LPC932 doesn't respond.

The FlashMagic showed dialog of "Unable to communicate (transmit/receive)".

Please teach the method of confirming whether LPC932 has changed into the ICP mode.

My configuration:
MCB900 Vers.4
FlashMagic V2.00