89V51RD2

Started by jackyC, May 26, 2004, 02:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackyC

I have no problem to program with flashmagic in ISP mode a P89C51RC2BDD on my target application but if I want program
a 89V51RD2 (with the good choice of

Andy Ayre

I don't recognize the message "the uC is not in mode ISP, you must reset the ISP mode" because it doesn't make sense, so I doubt that is the exact message you are getting from Flash Magic.

Have you selected the 89V51RD2 in Flash Magic? If so then when you click on Start a small window will pop up telling you to reset the device now. When you reset the device that small window will automatically dissappear. Are you going through this process? If not then you have the wrong device selected.

Note that you should ensure you are using the latest version of Flash Magic as recently there were some improvements made for the 89V51RD2 and 89LV51RD2.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

hilario

I had the same probleme with a P89LV51RD2, and the probleme was thas this serie of microcontrolleurs didn't have the bootcode inside.
With an other serie, more recent i didn't have this probleme no more

Jeff Liu

pls go below web-site to download the HEX code into your P89V51RD2 via parallel programmer.

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/files/products/standard/microcontrollers/flash/philips_ice_block_1.hex

manish

regarding to 89v51rd2,i have one problem that how to use SOFTICE mode feature of this uC. Also how start-up configuration bits means,how it is done?
if any available please send me so that i can have clear idea & if u know explain me in detailJeff Liu wrote:

> pls go below web-site to download the HEX code into your
> P89V51RD2 via parallel programmer.
>
>
> http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/files/products/standard/microcontrollers/flash/philips_ice_block_1.hex

manish

regarding to 89v51rd2,i have one problem that how to use SOFTICE mode feature of this uC. Also how start-up configuration bits means,how it is done?
if any available please send me so that i can have clear idea & if u know explain me in detailJeff Liu wrote:

> pls go below web-site to download the HEX code into your
> P89V51RD2 via parallel programmer.
>
>
> http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/files/products/standard/microcontrollers/flash/philips_ice_block_1.hex

ketan

i m having same problem with

89V51RD2

when i start downloading flashmagic shows "reset device in isp mode now"
but I can't make this .

and i cant download program in flash manish wrote:

JB Hsia

i counted very much on my luck when flash magic prompted a red message "reset the device into isp mode now"!!

When the red messsage prompted, i reset my V51RD2 (by pressing a reset button connected to the RST pin of my V51RD2) not everytime will my V51RD2 goes into isp.

When i failed i will retry several times, eventually isp will be engaged.

i also noticed that it is easier to engage isp with certain baud rate settings ie:57600 and 19200. By the way i am using 11.0592Mhz crystal running in 6clock.

Andy Ayre

I'm not suprised it can sometimes fail, due to the way ISP entry works. After reset the device has to receive a 'U' within the watchdog timeout period - which is a function of the crystal frequency. So if you vary your crystal frequency, you will not only make the autobaud result at specific baud rates change, you will also change the reliability of the connection.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

JB Hsia

Thanks Andrew, perhaps u could help me with this:-

1) I am confused with the FST register. In page 59 of the datasheet,
there it mentioned reset value for FST is xxxxx0xxB but, the SB is bit 6,
and EDC is bit 3 how could the reset value gives me an unknown?

2) Couldn't i just set these two bits by writing 01001000B to FST register within my code? i tried but it is not working. if i could do this then i could allow my production operators to conveniently forget about the two check boxes in flash magic both the Set security bit 1 and the 6 clks/cycles.

3) Could you suggest me an example code to engage IAP within my code?
Lets say i want to set the security bit and set 6 clocks

Appreciate very much for your kind assistance, Andrew.

erikm

from the datsheet: "Clock double mode can be enabled either by an external programmer or using IAP. When set, the EDC bit in FST register will indicate 6 clock mode."

So, the 'default' is what the clock mode is profgrammed to.

from the datrasheet: "Supports 12-clock (default)"
 so the bit in a unprogrammed chip will indicate 12clock mode.

It i amazing what you can find out if you STUDY the datasheet.  This was forund on a simple acrobat search on FST and then default.

Erik

JB Hsia

Hi Erik, thanks for clearing up my brain blockage.

JB Hsia

Hi Erik, Its me again, hope in the next Flash Magic release, i could have a check box in step 4 allowing me to automate the programming of serial number as i press Start in step 5.

Flash Magic is great and you guys are greatest!

Lambros sirivlis

jackyc wrote:
"but if I want program
a 89V51RD2 (with the good choice of

Bineet Kumar

Dear Sir,

1. What is this softICE mode in above stated IC and where to find literature on this.

2. I have enabled SoftICE mode using FlashMagic. How I can bring back my controller in ISP Mode without using forced ISP Mode booting via hardware at reset.

Kindly reply back to help me. Urgent.

Regards.

Bineet Kumar
bineetkumar@rediffmail.com