89V51RD2

Started by jackyC, May 26, 2004, 02:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Waclawek

Sud wrote:
>  Can I replace the "C" version with "V" version
> without any software or hardware changes?

Generally, not.
For example, in the "C" you can set the 6-clock mode from software (and you can set the core speed 6-clk while the peripherals 12-clk), while in the "V" you can set the speed to 6-clk only by programming.
An another example, if you are using the IAP, the "C" has a different set of commands and a different way how to approach the IAP routines than the "V".
But in other respects the chips are quite similar, so it really depends on your particular application, whether the "C" can be replaced by the "V" with no changes or not.

Jan Waclawek

flyingshark

Dear sir.

I alway can't connect to the p89v51rd2,it display "reset device into ISP mode now"with red color,i press the button of "RESET" to reset 89v51rd2,here nothing happened,why?i try 11.0592mhz and 12mhz,and set the baud rate with different value,the chip is a new onewithout any operation.i connect the cable's RXD(2) to a MAX232 in 14 pin,TXD(3) in 13 pin,and the MAX232's 12 pin connect to p89v51rd2's RXD(P3.0),and 11 pin to TXD(P3.1).
 Please give me some idea.

Thanks.

Andy Ayre

When you click on start a window should pop up telling you to reset the device, along with a Cancel button. Are you seeing this? If not then you do not have the correct device selected in Flash Magic. The 89C51Rx2 devices are not the same as the 89V51Rx2 devices. If you have tried to program the V device with the C device selected, then your V device is probably now stuck in SoftICE mode. Not sure how you get it out of that mode.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Jan Waclawek

To test if P89V51RD2 in in SoftICE mode: get a terminal emulator program capable of sending non-ascii characters (e.g. term by Bray, use google); then reset the mcu and send 11h characters (at some reasonable speed, e.g. 9600baud, 8N1, no handshake). If the mcu responds with alternating 00h and FFh, you are in SoftICE mode.

To get rid of SoftICE mode:
http://www.efton.sk/t0t1/unsoftice.htm

Hope this helps a bit.

Jan Waclawek

flyingshark

Dear sir.

Thanks for yours answer.

Now i change a chip and get in connection.i read the device signature,it return "manufacture id :BF".i remeber that the PHILIPS product id maybe
15,it is correct i get ?

Jan Waclawek

Yes, the P89V51RD2 returns BFh as manufacturer ID and 91h as device ID.
This might have something to do with the remarkable similarity between this part and certain SST parts...

Jan Waclawek

V51

i've got 50 pcs of 89v51rd2 to program using isp. i find that i got a failure rate of almost 20%.
i don't understand why some was able to program successfully and others don't.
all of them should work the same, right?

Andy Ayre

In what way are the devices failing? Does lowering the baud rate help? It sounds like something is marginal.

V51

I tried lowering the baud rate, but only a few worked this way. I even tried programming those which were successful the first time, and some couldn't even engage in isp mode.
i've check the RxD pin, there's 'U' received, but the V51 just did not respond.
i'm confused, if it works on some, then all should respond the same way.
The PCBs are manufacured the same way.
Can you recommend a parallel programmer?

Andy Ayre

What crystal frequency are you using? The higher the frequency, the less time there is after reset for the device to receive a 'U' to enter ISP mode.

I don't know which parallel programmers support these devices. Sorry.

Andy Ayre

If a voltage on one of the pins, for example VCC, is almost near a limit, then the solder joints or resistor tolerances, etc. could vary the performance of the hardware in a production run. Check all voltages at the microcontroller pins are within limits, free from glitches and ripples, etc. Check the signals on the XTAL pins are glitch free, etc.

ken

hi, i'm using a P89V51RD2FBC, from what i know, this device has only this way to go into ISP:-

during a power up or reset, this device will tempt to autobaud, after 400ms of autobaud failure, user code will be executed......

but when i float the pin PSEN, i cant get into ISP, can i know what is wrong???

Jan Waclawek

> but when i float the pin PSEN, i cant get into ISP

PSEN should be left floating.

Have you tried everything from
http://www.esacademy.com/software/flashmagic/appnotes/ISPProblemsAppNote.pdf
?

Jan Waclawek

ken

thanks Jan, thanks for giving me a reply.

actually i have no problem to enter into ISP mode, by pulling PSEN pin to ground, but when i try to let this pin float, i cant enter ISP mode anymore, FM will prompt me a message "transmit/receive fail"......

ikram

Respected Sir,

I am working on P89V51RD2. Is there any circuit or software by which i can emulate my controller in circuit. please semd me your answer.

thanking you

best regards

ikram.