Where can I find ISP schematics of 89LV51RD2

Started by Wah, June 16, 2004, 08:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wah

Hi,

Where can I find ISP schematics of 89LV51RD2? I don't know how to connect it when I program 89LV51RD2. Thanks.

Wah

Andy Ayre

I'm not sure where there is a schematic diagram currently, but I believe you just need to connect the device to VCC and VDD and ensure /EA is pulled high. Then after reset the device waits for a short amount of time for a 'U' to arrive before executing any code programmed into it.

The RS232 circuit will be identical to any other 8051.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Debajyoti

Dear friends,
      I have got this controller(P89v51RD2BN) but am unable to get it into ISP mode.Could anyone suggest me the way to do it.

I connected Vdd to 10uF and 8.7kohm to ground and connected it to RST./EA is pulled high.But its not entering into the programming mode.

Please help!!!!!

I must thanks Mr.Andrew for helping me to get my P89c51RD2BN controllers to RE-Program.Mr. Andwer once again I am bothering you.Please revert back.

Thanking you.

Andy Ayre

Did you select the correct device in Flash Magic? If you did then whenever you try to perform an ISP operation, a small window should pop up saying "reset the device into ISP mode now", with a cancel button. If you reset the device the window should dissappear and the ISP operation should start. What are you seeing?

Debajyoti

Dear Mr.Andrew,
        Thanks.You are exactly right.This is what happen when I try to program my P89v51RD2BN.When I click the CANCEL button it dissapears but when I press the START button, the same window pops up again.

Sir could you tell me what I am supposed to do once I press the CANCEL button.What I gathered from your earlier reply is that I must pull the RST pin High for sometime before press the START button again.

Regards.

Andy Ayre

The window appears every time you click on Start - that is normal.

When the window is being displayed - and only then - reset your device. If successful the window will automatically dissappear and Flash Magic will start it's ISP operations.

You only click on Cancel if you are giving up with the procedure.

Debajyoti

Dear Mr.Andrew,

I have programmed the device but its for once only.Next time its not going into ISP mode rather executing user program.

What should be done in order to Re-Program the device.Any errata sheet or schemetic is available which could guide me.

When I started to program I checked the 6 clk bit true.So it gave me a Message "If you set it to 6 clk it cannt be changed......." so should I keep it unchecked.Why is it not programming for the second time.

Waiting for your reply/suggestions.

Thanking you.

Andy Ayre

The ISP entry for that device is identical each time, so I'm not sure why it isn't entering ISP mode again. Which baud rate did you successfully connect at and which baud rates have you tried to get it back into ISP mode?

erikm

>>The ISP entry for that device is identical each time, so I'm not sure why it isn't entering ISP mode again. Which baud rate did you successfully connect at and which baud rates have you tried to get it back into ISP mode?<<

The 'V' thread re serial number raise the question "did you enter a serial number?"

Erik

Gambier

Flash send the code 02 to set the frequency, this code is understood by the 89V51 to run softICE next time. So the processor doesn't enter in the ISP mode and never again...
This is true when you don't select first the good processor or by invoking Flash Magic in the command line mode

Andy Ayre

Yes, it is always important to select the actual device you are using!

umesh

i am new in this enviroment and i wan't basic c code for keypadAndrew Ayre wrote:

> The window appears every time you click on Start - that is
> normal.
>
> When the window is being displayed - and only then - reset your
> device. If successful the window will automatically dissappear
> and Flash Magic will start it's ISP operations.
>
> You only click on Cancel if you are giving up with the
> procedure.
>
>

Parvez Akhtar

Sir, what I came to know by discussion is to reset the (Reset) pin when it is asked to reset by window with cancel option. But when I practiced it, it w'nt go some time in ISP mode. So please will you convey me the proper way for programming.
Thanks
PArvez Akhtar

Jan Waclawek

Parvez,

Sometimes you might just need to retry - depending on the combination of crystal frequency, RS232 level convertor+cable (delays and distortions) and the baudrate the autobaud process can sometimes kick in at a different frequency.
However, you might try to go down with the baudrate and that generally helps - try perhaps as low as 1200 bauds.

Jan Waclawek

6uoos

I have some problems with ISP. I had an embedded board for  P89V51RD2 (5V) and I 've modified it for P89LV51RD2 (3V) but cannot use an ISP mode. I don't know what's wrong. I modified something here ;
   - Separate and use the 5V supply for RS232.
   - Replaced the old 5V power supply on board by 3.3V source.
When using Flash Magic , everything seems to be hang and no response.
What should I do?  
                                                   Thank you ,