questions about LPC92*

Started by shahlynn, June 24, 2004, 09:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shahlynn

What is the difference between LPC92* and LPC93*? In Philips' datasheet, the demo code for LPC92* includes .

In Eric's NonTouch code, there is r5 and R7. LPC92* has R5 and R7. Is r5 R5?

For the purpose to ease maintenence, is it possible to let serial port triggered ISP select Baudrate automatically like 'virgin chip'?

Thanks for your any suggestion in advance.

erikm

In Eric's NonTouch code, there is r5 and R7. LPC92* has R5 and R7. Is r5 R5?
1) The NoTouch is for 932, not tested for 92x, it might work, it might not, investigate and let us know.
2) some like lowercase 'r', some like uppercase 'R', but it is still the same.

Erik

shahlynn

erikm wrote:

>
> 1) The NoTouch is for 932, not tested for 92x, it might work,
> it might not, investigate and let us know.

I'll have a try.

> 2) some like lowercase 'r', some like uppercase 'R', but it is
> still the same.
>

Obviously, you like both,Eric :=)

Andy Ayre

There are SFR differences between the devices because each device in the LPC9xx family has different combinations of the same peripherals. If you are writing code that uses basic 8052 features then you can use any header file for the family. If you are using a device that is a subset of another device then you can use the header file of the other device. Really, it's all common sense. The best approach however is to always use the correct header file for the device you are using. It allows the compiler to catch more mistakes in your code (for example, you typoed an SFR name and it just happened to be another SFR that exists on the LPC931).

The code in the datasheet was probably cut and pasted. :)

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

shahlynn

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your detailed reply and great patience. This is the first time(or virgin time of Eric version:laugh:) I have to code and debug or even handle this issue by myself. Even worse, LPC92* seems much less popular than LPC93* in Internet(maybe also in real life). What can I do is to believe in (not just believe) and learn from every piece of code and words. Therefore, your post is really helpful as Eric's for me.

I have started hardware assembling, and hope to run Eric's time machine and report the result in the near future.