Access code for P89V51RD2

Started by Sunil Kumar, February 07, 2005, 03:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunil Kumar

Dear sir,

We are trying to program the P89V51RD2 using ISP mode through Flash magic. We receive the mesage "Reset the device into ISP mode now". What the reason for the problem. Please advice us.
What is the Access code for P89V51RD2 microcontroller. How we impliment the these code.
What is the meaning of uppercase "U" (which is given in the data sheet 7.2.5 using the In-System programming of P89V51RD2).
How we enter the letter U in the microcontroller to enable the buad rate feature.
Please advice us regarding the same.
Thanking you.

sincerely
for EFY
Sunil Kumar
Lab Engr.

Andy Ayre

When using the V and LV devices, the message "Reset the device into ISP mode now" always appears. Simply reset the device and the window should close and the ISP operation start. While this window is open, FM is streaming 'U's to the device. Read the datasheet to see why.

The 'U' is hax value 55H, which makes it good for measuring bit rates and autobauding.

The access codes are for Philips use rather than end users at this time.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Sunil Kumar

Dear sir,

The  message "Reset the device into ISP mode now" always appears. Message windows is not closed after resetting of device. We have checked the connection of COM port and RS232 connector. Please advice us.

How we can enter the "U" code into microcontroller P89V51RD2 through flash magic or any other mean. Please write the steps.
Thanking you.

sincerely
for EFY
Sunil kumar
Lab Engr.

Andy Ayre

The point of Flash Magic is that it handles the ISP commands and data for you. Flash Magic sends the 'U' when you start an ISP operation.

QUOCTHAI

Andrew Ayre wrote:

> The point of Flash Magic is that it handles the ISP commands
> and data for you. Flash Magic sends the 'U' when you start an
> ISP operation.
>
>

Abhijit

I am using Flash Magic to program Philips P9V51RD2 device,  but I always get message "Reset the device into ISP mode now" even I reset the device.

Can any one help!

Thanks,
-Abhijit

Andy Ayre

Try lowering the baud rate. Post back what you find out.