P89V51RD2 Execute after programming

Started by Joseph Goldburg, June 30, 2005, 05:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph Goldburg

Hi All,

I have a P89V51 which I can download code.... I know I have control of the P89V51 because I can access most of the ISP commands in Flashmagic and I can download code and verify.

However once the part is programmed the code will not execute  - but the same hex file will execute on a P89C51.  Both set to12 clock cycle.

How should the /PSEN be connected for the V Part - for prg and operation?

Is the /PSEN the cause of my problems?

Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance
Joseph

Andy Ayre

The 89C51Rx2xx and the 89V51Rx2xx have quite a few differences. Once of them is that /PSEN is not used on the V devices to enter ISP mode. Please read through the datasheets for all the differences (there are too many to list here).

A critical difference is that if you have the C device selected in Flash Magic but are actually programming the V device, then your V device will become stuck in SoftICE mode. That last couple of versions of Flash Magic check the device signature to warn you if you appear to be programming the wrong device, in order to avoid this situation.

If you search on this discussion forum you should be able to find how to get your V device out of SoftICE mode.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Joseph Goldburg

Thanks Andy,

We found the IAP code caused the problem and it is different between the V and C part.

Joseph