Need help to program P89v51RB2FA

Started by Lee, July 20, 2005, 01:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

Dear friends,
I have got this controller(P89v51RB2FA) but unable to get it into ISP mode.Could anyone suggest me the way to do it.

Is the way to program P89v51RB2FA same as P89V51RD2?

Andy Ayre

They should be the same. Note that the faster the crystal frequency the harder it will be to get the device into ISP mode. Try slowing down the crystal frequency temporarily to see if that is the cause. Also check with a scope the reset signal to make sure it meets the requirements in the datasheet. Also never program the device as a 89C51Rx2, as you will get the device stuck in SoftICE mode.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Jack

Hi Andy,

I need your advise on belows:-

a)  If flash magic able to support Atmel AT89C51RC2 MCU ?

Thanks !!

Jack

Andy Ayre

Sorry, Flash Magic is sponsored by Philips and therefore only supports Philips devices. I believe there is a slight difference in the ISP protocol between the Philips RC2 and the Atmel RC2, which stops it from working with Flash Magic, but we haven't looked into it and have no plans to.

Lee

Hi Andrew Ayre,

Thank you for ur help. WHen i set to lowest freq it works.

But i a bit confuse that the label on the microcontroller is P89v51RB2FA but i read the manufacture and device id it shows P89V51RD2. But anyway it is working now.

Thanks.

I have another question how to get into ISP mode if i want to do it in dos. Can u give me some hints?

Thanks a lot

Andy Ayre

The V and LV devices are not supported on the command line because the purpose of the command line is to automate the process. It is tricky to automate programming these devices because they require a reset after starting the attempt to autobaud.

Jan Waclawek

Dear Andy,
Just an idea for the command-line versuin for the V51: couldn't RTS or DTR be ued for resetting the chip while trying to autobaud?

Jan Waclawek

Andy Ayre

Yes, I think that might work. For some reason in the past I thought it wouldn't but I can't remember why now. I'll add it to the To Do list.