Bootloader for P89C51RD2BN

Started by kiransm, May 28, 2007, 05:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiransm

Hi All,
Could you please tell me that from where I could download bootloader for P89C51RD2BN chip?
I want hex file so that I could reprogram the bootloader to the IC.

Thanking in advance.

regards,
Kirankumar

Andy Ayre

I'm not sure where you could get it from. You might want to try your local NXP FAE. However it's probably quicker and easier just to get a new device.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Jan Waclawek

Quote from: kiransm on May 28, 2007, 05:06:46 AMCould you please tell me that from where I could download bootloader for P89C51RD2BN chip?
I want hex file so that I could reprogram the bootloader to the IC.
AFAIK, the default bootloader in P89C51RD2 is in ROM, so you can't reprogram it (nor you can "lose" it).

Why do you want to do that?

JW

kiransm

Thanks for reply.
No, it is not the case that you can not loos the bootloader. Due to your problematic circuitry bootloader can be lost!
Andy, as you told I have searched on NXP also but I couldnt get it. I think my P89C51RD2 lost its bootloader so I want to re program that. I know that bootloader can be re programmed but dont know from where to get it.

Regards,
Kirankumar

Andy Ayre

How do you know the boot vector hasn't been corrupted? A parallel programmer would be able to fix that.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Jan Waclawek

I agree with Andy - you most probably confuse bootloader (which is a program stored in ROM) corruption with bootvector (which is a single FLASH byte) corruption.

If you don't have access to parallel programmer, and are willing to experiment, are not afraid you might destroy your chip, and have a board where you can run the '51 with completely external code memory, I can send you a short code which might restore the bootvector and status byte. However, you will do that on your own risk - I tried it only on a H-suffix chip (P89C51RD2HBP).

Jan Waclawek