P89V51RD2 not run

Started by cippalippa, January 23, 2008, 08:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cippalippa

Hello,

for the a little production of old PCB I have to use P89V51RD2 instead P89C51RD2 (because not more available), now I'm trying to
program this new component but I have a problem.
I can program and verify the micro, so I'm sure that I write correctly the code but wen I try to restart the board this don't start.
Is the P89C51RD2 software 100% compatible with P89V51RD2 software?
Do I have to write a bootloader?
I already read the application note TN06007 but I don't find nothing to help me.
Thanks

D

Jan Waclawek

QuoteI can program and verify the micro, so I'm sure that I write correctly the code but wen I try to restart the board this don't start.
What does this exactly mean? How do you verify your board "don't start"? What is the expected behaviour and what are the symptoms? Is there any serial (RS232) connection to the board active while it is being reset? Don't you have a reset circuit and/or /PSEN connected to RS232?

As this is not exactly a FlashMagic problem, you might have receive better help at the 8052.com Forum.

JW

Je Gold

In the user forum www.8052.com I wrote a little summary of the differences.

P89v doesn't used PSEN to force bootloader mode.

Look in the manual of the Flashmagic program for the P89v programing schematic.....HINT... for P89V - Flashmagic release RESET then sends a 'U' character to the RxD pin of the P89v

**** Read the READ ME notes at the beginning of this forum  **

http://forum.flashmagictool.com/index.php?topic=3232.0

Joe