Flashmagic crashes

Started by johan, February 04, 2008, 01:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johan

Flashmagic crashes when i use the Display Memory isp feature.

The display memory gets filled with the devices data and then crashes.

This is with an lpc2103

Anyone got someting similar or is it murphy playing here ?

Johan

Andy Ayre

Which version are you using?
What is the exact error message?
Does it happen every time or only sometimes?
Which version of Windows?

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

SeanS

same here. 4.18.1224 production

i'm using an lpc2366, and whenever I try to read the larger sectors (32k) it happens. I slow the speed down and it goes away.

I get a lot of null reference msgbox's before I have to kill it.

Andy Ayre

Does it happen every time or only sometimes?
What baudrate are you using that causes the problem?
Which version of Windows?

Andy

SeanS

everytime at 57.6k, backing down 38.4 works.  xp v5.1.2600

I'll grab some screenshots if it helps any. I also have the problem of using 'save as..' and it thinks that 0x2ffff is the top of mem, so I have to use lpc2368 to read out that last 64k.

Andy Ayre

I will see if I can reproduce these problems.

Andy

SeanS

I think I've found another way to break it ... I slow it down to 19.2k and then while it's downloading the sector (before it finished) I grab the slider on the right and scroll it - I get an instant exception.

Andy Ayre

Ok, good. I don't have a board that can run at 57600, so I was looking for another way to reproduce the problem. I'll give this a try.

Andy

SeanS

sorry, forgot another:
I make sure the sector/mem range drop-down is in focus and use the scroll button on the mouse to move through sectors quickly and I also get the exceptions too.

Andy Ayre

Well, I tried to make Flash Magic crash and couldn't. I tried all your methods and it works fine.

I am wondering if your copy of riched32.dll might be corrupted or downgraded by an application you have installed. If you don't have Wordpad installed, try installing it.

I will fix the problem with saving the full address range of the LPC2366. Look for a new release in the next couple of days.

Andy

SeanS

ah - good idea. I'll see if that fixes anything.

SeanS

the top of flash range problem is now gone w/4.21, thanks again.  I've tried to reinstall/re-reg RICHED20.dll and I still get my errors. For the record, here is the error msg as you requested (I missed that request earlier):

Andy Ayre

Can you please email me riched20.dll to support at esacademy dot com. Thanks.

Andy

Andy Ayre

The problem was solved by replacing riched20.dll with a copy that is 431,616 bytes in size. If you run into this problem check the size of your Windows\System32\riched20.dll. Note - only replace this file at your own risk.

Andy