LPC2138 Firmware Won't Execute

Started by kpax, April 23, 2011, 08:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpax

Hello Andy,

I have developed a LPC2138 based prototype board and am using uVision Keil to write and compile the code and Flash Magic to burn it.

Now whats happening is that flash magic is able to detect the chip as it shows the device id and boot-loader version and is able to program it successfully which says finished in the end but, once the program is burned nothing happens. The program is quite simple just to set and clear a pin, the kiel compiler also gives me a success status and i see the pin getting set and cleared in the debug mode. But this is not happening realtime, my concern is about a few points on the hardware level, i have not pulled up the #rst and BSEL(P0.14) pins and my xtal is of 14.7456 MHz with 22pF load caps, can these be the problem or is their any other kind of configuration that i need to perform in keil / flash magic.

Looking forward to any help.

Regards
Kpax

Andy Ayre

Please start new topics for new issues. Don't add to an existing topic that is about a different issue. I've split this one. Thank you.

You have to set the CRP value in your project - see the sticky topic on this section of the forum. Set it to zero. You have to make sure that the device resets and the bootloader doesn't start due to how you have P0.14 - check with a scope.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com